Someone without a lot of kid interaction might think a 2 year olds to-do list would consist of cartoons and chasing butterflies. Let me enlighten you to what their list really looks like.
- Eat as many Chap Sticks as humanly possible
- Eat Dog Food
- Pull on the dog until he/she actually bites
- Eat Crayons–all the crayons!
- Find any and all sources of water and destroy everything with it
- Get mom to kiss my “owie” so many times that she actually calls me out that it never was an “owie” at all
- Climb the backs of all the chairs–to the very top
- Refuse lunch and dinner but be okay with breakfast…maybe
- Eat a poisonous…something and take the leftovers to show mom or Grandma
- Slip and fall on nothing and repeat number 6 but this time with an actual owie
- Wait until I’m around as many people as possible to pick my nose and eat my boogers
- Park the trike directly behind mom’s vehicle in the driveway.
- Park the trike so mom has to move it out of the driveway when she gets home.
- Rip off the diaper and go rogue. FREE WILLY!
- Never Nap again
- Remove the couch cushions and…oh yum, cereal and a cheeto!
- Dump out every toy bin in the house to look for a button
The list goes on but everyday is a new list so you can never tell what’s new on their agenda. Grab some popcorn and enjoy the show because this stuff is more entertaining (and a little stressful) than you thought possible.